Bartimaeus Rehabilitation Support Workers are non-regulated health professionals that provide direct therapy and transitional support to individuals recovering from an acquired brain injury and/or serious trauma. These supports are provided under the direction of regulated health professionals, coordinated by the Bartimaeus Rehabilitation Service Director and are provided in a variety of settings. Emphasis is placed on: establishing therapeutic rapport, communicating effectively, prioritizing ongoing activities and developing practical strategies.
Our Rehabilitation Support Workers provide:
- One-to-one cost efficient, therapeutically effective support by trained, skilled and experienced Rehabilitation Support Workers.
- An individualized approach that allows unique interventions to be put in place.
- Service in the client’s community, which empowers the client and enhances the therapeutic impact of the service.
- One-to-one support that can reduce the anxiety that can cause disruptive behaviour.
- One-to-one support that can facilitate a smooth transition into school, specialized day programs or residential programs, for unusually complex situations.
- Integration along a path to recovery, including support in hospital and health care service, return to school, work or vocational activities.
Handout: When to request a RSW vs PSW